Scroll down for downloadable resources and more informationMembers of the Shevet Achim UK Team at the Welsh Assembly Senedd Building, April 2012 (left to right):
Andy Morton (Trustee), Sally Morton (UK Co-ordinator), Peter James (Trustee), Clive Owen (Trustee), Elaine Owen (Associate) and Richard Purcell (Trustee)
Shevet Achim UK was set up in March 2008 to raise awareness in the United Kingdom of Shevet Achim in Jerusalem – a non-profit organisation dedicated to saving the lives of Arab children with congenital heart defects by providing treatment in Israeli medical centers.
Shevet Achim is changing hearts – and minds – in a tense region of the world. One of our aims is to inform the British public about the “good news’’ of bridges of reconciliation and understanding being built between the Arab and Jewish communities through Shevet Achim. Another of our objectives is to invite people to sponsor in part, or in total, the costs of bringing Muslim children with major heart defects into Israel for treatment, these children coming primarily from Gaza, Iraq and Syria.
Diary Entries, January – July 2014:
– 25 January: 11 a.m. AGM & Ordinary Trustees Meeting, Shrewsbury
– 7-8 March: Stall and display at ICEJ Conference, Billinge Family Church, Billinge, Wigan
– 9 March: 10:30 a.m. Albany Park Baptist Church, Bexley
– 29 April: 2:30 p.m. Women’s Fellowship, Ebenezer Baptist Church, Magor nr Newport, S. Wales
– 13-16 May: Christian Resources Exhibition (Stand SS2), Sandown Park Racecourse, Esher
– 7 June: 11 a.m. Trustees Meeting, Shrewsbury
– 9 July: 2:30 p.m. Wednesday Group Meeting, Mount Pleasant Baptist Church, Barry, S. Wales
The following links may be of help:
- January 2014 Newsletter (Previous Publications…)
- Report on “Shevet at the Summit” fundraising drive in the UK
- BBC Radio Wales – Interview with Clive Owen and Sally Morton
- Meet the members of our Trustee Board
- How to Give (Bank Details document)
- Standing Order Mandate
- Gift Aid Form
The name Shevet Achim is taken from the Hebrew of Psalm 133, which says:
How good and how pleasant for brothers to dwell together in unity…
For there the LORD commanded the blessing— life forevermore.
Please feel free to contact Shevet Achim UK directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org – OR – PO Box 84, Caldicot, NP26 3WS 01633 401201